custom resize event handlers
first of all, this is an extremely nice script!
i want my grid to resize to the area the grid's parentNode offers (offetWidth and offsetHeight). basicly what i try to do is:
1) create a hidden grid from a jsarray.
2) figure the grid's parentNode offsetWidth/offsetHeight
3) resize the whole grid to this size
4) reset the column widths to precentage values
i have managed to get step 1 and 2 working. trying to use window.onresize to resize the grid did not succeed. however, after window.onresize has resized the top level div of the grid, it does seem that another event is fired which resizes the grid again.
so, the actual questions are:
- what is the preferred method to resize the whole grid (can i use some sort of callback functions/event handlers )?
- from a little research i see that it isn't possible to set % widths, i'd like to calculate the widths myself and set the column withs manually after resizing ... how would i assign my own resizing code for column widths ?